I’m always interested in new opportunities and ideas. You can find me here on Linkedin or if you prefer the old school method you can find my CV below.
email – LAJohnson312@gmail.com
|I am creative and enthusiastic Content Editor with extensive PR, web content and editing experience in online gaming and gambling, media PR and entertainment. I am proficient at using a variety of offline and online tools to achieve my objectives. I am outgoing with strong and effective organisational skills. I have first-rate proofreading and copywriting skills. I am a good team player and able to use my own initiative to achieve objectives. I am extremely versatile and learn new tasks and skills quickly. I’m an active social networker and like to keep up to date with new technology.
- I am the voice of MeccaBingo.com across all outgoing messaging, meaning I write, edit and/or proofread all online content, all CRM emails and DM assets and mobile marketing. I am also the voice on the inbound telephone customer service calls.
- I wrote and distributed press releases for Crayon and gained coverage across main marketing trade press including; Campaign, Marketing and New Media Age
- I took control of Crayon’s Twitter feed and grew number of followers from 6 to 1200
- I was part of the team that won a Digital Impact Award for best use of digital in a brand transformation situation in 2011 as part of WembleyStadium.com marketing team
- I promoted Take That’s record breaking run of shows at Wembley Stadium online, on social media and across sponsor sites including National Express and Ticketmaster.
- BA (Hons): Public Relations. University of Central Lancashire, Preston
- A Levels: Spanish, Business Studies, Economics, General Studies. Holy Family VI Form, Liverpool
- GCSEs: 11 grade A* – B inc. English Literature, English Language, French, Spanish, Business Studies. Holy Family High School, Liverpool
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Body Language and Personal Impact
- How to write copy journalists actually use
- Managing the media
- PC and Mac literate.
- CMS Platforms including Site Core, WordPress and bespoke systems.
- Visual Studio.
- Microsoft Office.
- Omniture and Google Analytics.
- Basic Photoshop.
- Durrants Online Clipping Management.
|June 2012 – Present
Content Editor – Mecca, Rank Interactive – Gaming and Gambling
- Writing all online content for Meccabingo.com.
- Writing, proof reading and editing all CRM assets.
- Writing affiliate landing page copy.
- Writing all copy for online banners and adverts.
- Uploading and updating content using Visual Studio.
- Updating VIP newsletters using Dreamweaver.
August 2011 – April 2012:
PR and Marketing Executive, Crayon (Karmarama) – Integrated Marketing Agency
- Set PR plan for agency and timescale for the year.
- Write and seed Crayon’s press releases, announcements and thought pieces to marketing trade press.
- Liaise with marketing press journalists and intermediaries.
- Co-create social media strategy with Insight Curator.
- Manage re-skin and refresh of website and all marketing materials.
- Brand management.
- Plan, collate and enter award entries.
- Update and maintain all online presences and showcases.
- Increased Twitter engagement and amount of followers to over 1200.
Reason for leaving: Role redundant due to merger with Karmarama.
March 2011 – August 2011: Fixed Term Contract
Web Content Coordinator, Wembley Stadium, The Football Association
- Curate, upload, proof read and write SEO friendly copy for WembleyStadium.com.
- Select, source, upload and resize imagery for WembleyStadium.com.
- Engage and moderate audience through social media and comment feature on WembleyStadium.com.
- Create specific content around events for Wembley Stadium Facebook page.
- Liaise with all other business areas of The FA to keep website, social media and newsletters up to date.
- Maintain close working relationship with design studio and third parties: PR agency, digital agency, marketing agency and photographers. Brief and manage to ensure getting usable results.
- Create and maintain interest surrounding Wembley Stadium, the Stadium tour and upcoming events.
- Won a Digital Impact Award for Best Use of Digital in a Brand Transformation Situation.
February 2010 – February 2011:
Editor, Glasswerk.co.uk – Online Music Magazine
- Curate, create and upload engaging content to website.
- Edit and proof read submissions by volunteer writers.
- Write engaging SEO driven headlines.
- Select images in Photoshop to create photo galleries.
- Remotely manage and coordinate 250 writers and reviewers across the UK.
- Build and maintain close working relationships with PR companies, artists and management.
- Engage audience through social media.
- Source competition prizes and craft competitions and features.
Reason for leaving: Career development
2009 – 2010:
Administrator and Receptionist, Sefton Carers Centre – Local Charity
2008 – 2009:
Press Officer, Presswerk – Music PR Internship
- Regional press and online promotion of UK tours for unsigned bands including Metro, Thisisfakediy.com and music-news.com.
- Writing press releases for EP releases and gaining coverage in online press.
2008 – 2010:
Box Office Cashier, Barfly Liverpool
2008 – 2008:
PR Assistant, West Lancashire District Council
- Writing press releases for local events and gaining coverage in local press.
- Collating clippings.
- Placing council announcements.
Reason for leaving: Fixed term contract
2006 – 2007
Assistant Event Manager and Promotions Assistant, Emegenza North – Battle of the Bands Competition
- Event management and assuring event adhered to strict timing curfews.
- Liaise with venue and event staff and competition entrants.
- Promote competition in supporting Sound Control music stores in Manchester, Leeds and Sheffield.
- Stage management.
Reason for leaving: Competition stopped running.